Download our letter to you with tips and suggestions for extending this week’s activities with your family. Have a great week!
Welcome to Family Time! We’ll provide five days of reading and learning activities designed to engage your child in an exploration of family and spending time together.
It’s Monday, so let’s read about time with family!
A Great Day
Cubby wants to do a lot of things today. It’s a great day for it!
- Download A Great Day
Discuss the book: Who is Cubby spending time with today? What do the characters do first? Name something Cubby wants to do instead of napping.
It’s Tuesday, so let’s watch a video!
Watch the video I’m Me! to see how two brothers teach us about being unique.
It’s Wednesday, so let’s write!
Write About an Experience
Think of a time you were trying to sleep, but it was too noisy. Draw a picture of your experience. Write to tell about your picture. Think about these questions:
- Did you stay awake?
- Did you finally sleep?
- What did you do about the noise?
Share your picture. Discuss ways to be quiet when others are trying to sleep.
More to Read!
For more reading about spending time with family, download Bobbie and the Baby.
It’s Thursday, so let’s research sounds around the house!
Experiment with Sound
- Find six objects that make sounds when you use them. Some should make loud sounds and some should make quiet sounds.
- Use each one to make a sound. Discuss if it’s a loud sound or a quiet sound.
- Put each object in a group: Loud or Quiet.
- Explain how you classified your objects.
It’s Friday, so let’s create!
Make a Great Day Book
Think about what you would do on your own great day. Make a book about it!
- On separate sheets of paper, draw three things you would do on your great day.
- Put your three drawings in order.
- Attach the pages together with tape, staples, yarn, or other fasteners.
Talk about what you learned about Family Time this week with your friends and family!