By igniting interest in culturally responsive texts and inviting students to respond with powerful prompts, engagement soars. Exercising their literacy muscles, students develop both confidence and competence as readers and writers.
In this recorded edWebinar, viewers will learn strategies for:
- Fostering independence while scaffolding instruction for hesitant students
- Selecting culturally responsive readings
- Embedding social-emotional learning (SEL) in literacy lessons
- Helping students become invested in their own writing
- Choosing contemporary books to pique student interest