We'll be located front and center at Booth # 2124—with great instructional support, activities, demos, and giveaways.
Just follow the scent of the popcorn—grab a bag, and stay for one of our enlightening in-booth presentations with content specialists. And if you can't find us, look for Curious George—he'll be the one in the lab coat, guiding people to our booth. We'll be presenting all day Thursday through Saturday on topics you need to hear about:
- Learn how HMH Science Dimensions™, our all-new program built from the ground up for NGSS*, can guide your transition to the new standards.
- Explore hands-on activities you can try with your class.
- Dive deep into science instruction with HMH Field Trips powered by Google® Expeditions. Visit the Great Barrier Reef, Natural Bridge Caverns, the NASA Space Center, and more, and see how virtual reality lessons will give your students a new perspective on science. A FREE Cardboard™ viewer goes to everyone who attends a demo.**
Speaking of diving, have your picture taken in our photo prop!
Participate in dynamic workshops with some of your favorite HMH authors and NGSS thought leaders
HMH is sponsoring eight must-attend workshops throughout the conference, led by authors you've come to know and love—including Michael DiSpezio, Dr. Mike Heithaus, Dr. Cary Sneider, Dr. Stephen Nowicki, and other science education experts. See the schedule and descriptions here.
Earn awesome science resources for your classroom!
Collect multiple colored wristbands by attending any of these HMH-sponsored events, then trade them in at the booth.
- Visit our booth and speak with a member of the HMH team to learn more about our science programs!
- Attend ANY HMH workshop in Room 408B.
- Attend ANY Google Expeditions in-booth presentation or get a personal demonstration of HMH Field Trips powered by Google Expeditions.
- Attend ANY HMH Science Dimensions in-booth presentation or activity.
- Find Curious George® the Scientist and simply ask him for a wristband.
- Science and Engineering Leveled Readers (5 wristbands)
- Thing Explainer, by Randall Munroe, author of xkcd.com (5 wristbands)
- ScienceSaurus® Hardcover Handbooks (K–8) (4 wristbands)
- Biology or Chemistry CliffsNotes® (4 wristbands)
We can't wait to see you in Los Angeles! See complete workshop schedule and details.
**Available while supplies last. Employees of Los Angeles Unified School District are excluded from participating.
*Next Generation Science Standards and logo are registered trademarks of Achieve. Neither Achieve nor the lead states and partners that developed the Next Generation Science Standards was involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product. Google and Google Cardboard are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google, Inc. CURIOUS GEORGE, created by Margret and H.A. Rey, is copyrighted and trademarked by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved. HMH Science Dimensions™, ScienceSaurus®, and CliffsNotes® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.