Day 4 Activity
Let’s Reread: How Living Things Help Each Other
Plants, animals, and people all help each other. How can you help?
Take It Further
Choose an activity to extend the fun.
Response Writing: Make an Accordion Book
- Use a sheet of recycled paper to make an accordion book.
- Fold a paper strip back and forth. You should have about five sections. Trim the end of the last section so that all the strips are the same size.
- Draw a plant or animal on each page of your book. You can use only the front, or use the front and back of the strips.
- Write how each plant or animal helps living things.
Hands-On Activity: Examine Plants and Seeds
- Look closely at plants and seeds. Use a hand lens if you have one.
- Identify the parts that might be sticky or sharp. How do you think those parts of the plant travel?
- Order the plants or seeds by largest, tiniest, stickiest, or smoothest. Then classify them a different way.
Use this learning guide to walk your child through the lesson. Explore additional Review & Extend activities together.