As the Director of Content Marketing at HMH, my goal is to initiate an open conversation with educators and school leaders like you and provide content that will both help you in your daily life and assist in your own career and personal growth.
The Why (blogging behind the scenes)
Each of us has an important role to play in shaping the minds and lives of students and in shaping the future of education. The purpose of our blog is to give voice to all teachers and school leaders as they build important relationships with students. We want to open a dialogue with you, our readers, who are key to shaping a better future.
We’ll also allow experts who have made it their life’s mission to support teachers to share proven instructional strategies or the latest research on how the brain learns. Most important, we plan to share stories of those on the ground—from the principal who is knee deep in transforming school culture to the teacher who has helped a struggling reader reach a breakthrough and finally to the coach who helps a group of teachers implement an intervention program. With this blog, we want others to benefit from these experiences and see they’re not alone in many of the same challenges and triumphs.
The What (to expect)
We’ve worked hard to make this community experience even better. So—beyond our fresh, new look, you might be wondering—what else is new on the blog?
- Every week, as my team and I brainstorm relevant topic ideas, interview experts, and compile useful tips, we ask ourselves, “what’s keeping educators and leaders up at night?” And we’ll be writing content to address the answers we find.
- We’re sharing more candid conversations with our thought leaders and educators— bringing their practice to life through videos, webinars, and more.
- We’ll share stories from educators and leaders like you on a regular basis.
- We’re better linked to all of your go-to social channels so you can share your favorite content with friends and colleagues.
- We’re easier to navigate, more fun to read, and closely connected to the content you want—thanks to your ongoing feedback and community participation.