Help your child in Grade 3 understand the role that mathematics plays in running a business, and how fractions apply to the monetary system of the United States.
Activity 1: Inventing Toys
This project shows the relationship between mathematics and running a business.
Multiplication is used to determine how many items a business owner needs to purchase in order to fully stock a store.
Use the Important Facts below to complete the lesson.
- Each Abuelita doll comes in a box that is 8 inches wide.
- There are 4 boxes in 1 carton.
- Abuelita Rosa sings 6 songs.
- Abuelito Pancho sings 4 songs.
- Javier sings 5 songs.
- Baby Andrea and Baby Tita each sing 5 songs.
- Baby Mimi plays music but does not sing.
Download the following activity sheets.
The student sheets can be printed and completed by the student, or the student can write their answers on a blank sheet of paper.
Extend the Lesson
Find some of your favorite music. Play the music and try to determine the beat so you can clap out the rhythm. Play the music again and clap out the beat. Explain what the time signature could be for that piece of music.
Be the first to read the latest from Shaped.