BOSTON AND SANTA CLARA, CALIF. -- Global education leader Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) announced today it has chosen Kno, a leader in education software, as a digital learning platform to deliver its K-12 core curriculum content to schools in the U.S. For the first time, districts can purchase curriculum directly from HMH that is enhanced with Kno’s interactive features, social sharing, and learning analytics to promote student engagement through digital adoption. This content is available on all the leading platforms that teachers and students use today, including iOS, Android, Windows 7 and 8, and Web browsers.
“As one of the world’s leading learning companies, our goal is to provide students and teachers with quality, interactive content wherever and whenever they learn, and no matter which device they use,” said Tim Cannon, Executive Vice President of Alliances and Services for HMH. “By extending our current parent-focused partnership with Kno into the institutional market, schools and districts will now have access to trusted HMH core curriculum, enhanced by Kno’s unique interactive and social features.”
“The combination of HMH’s world-class content and Kno’s interactive learning technology provides educators and students with a rich multimedia experience that ignites curiosity and improves learning outcomes,” said Mark Williams, Vice President of Sales, Kno Inc. “This partnership is an industry first and will allow schools to easily transition to digital using trusted K-12 core curriculum content.”
The enhanced K-12 content includes interactive features that make learning more engaging and social including:
- A search option within the eTextbook which allows students to quickly locate terms and subjects to maximize their ‘time on task’
- Highlighting, a digital Journal and note-taking capabilities
- Social sharing that encourages collaboration between educators and students and student to student
- Interactive videos, Smart Links and 3D models that makes content more dynamic and engaging
- Student learning tools including an interactive glossary, automatic Flashcards and Quiz Me features that empower students with the ability to test themselves within the book
- Cross-platform availability allows for access and syncing of content across multiple platforms and devices
- Kno Me learning analytics allow students to track their learning behaviors in each digital textbook they use. Students can even opt in to share and compare their stats with classmates
About Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is a global learning company with the mission of changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. Among the world’s largest providers of pre-K–12 education solutions and one of its longest-established publishing houses, HMH combines cutting-edge research, editorial excellence and technological innovation to improve teaching and learning environments and solve complex literacy and education challenges. HMH’s interactive, results-driven education solutions are utilized by 60 million students in 120 countries, and its renowned and awarded novels, non-fiction, children's books and reference works are enjoyed by readers throughout the world. For more information, visit www.hmhco.com.
Kno, Inc. is an education software company on a mission to make learning engaging, effective, and social for students. Osman Rashid (http://twitter.com/osmanrashid), the co-founder of Chegg, and Babur Habib (https://twitter.com/BaburHabib), a consumer electronics veteran, founded Kno, Inc. in May 2009. The company has received funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Intel Capital, Goldman Sachs, FLOODGATE and GSV Capital and is based in Santa Clara, California. For more information, go to www.kno.com, or follow Kno at http://facebook.com/GoodtoKno and http://twitter.com/GoodtoKNO.