Progress Made Easy for RTI
The flexibility and technical excellence built into easyCBM allow students to benefit from research-based decision-making regardless of RTI tier. The universal screening, benchmarking, and progress monitoring measures were developed to provide continuity in data and reporting—giving you the tools to inform instruction and plan intervention for individuals or groups of students.
easyCBM’s assessment and reporting features provide all the key components of systematic and data-based assessment necessary for each tier of RTI.
In Tier I of RTI, universal screening is conducted three times a year to determine the current level of performance for all students. While focusing on the core curriculum, you use this assessment data to determine who would benefit from differentiated instruction to address individual needs.
easyCBM provides benchmark and progress monitoring assessments for all students.
- Provides a benchmark system that allows you to screen students up to three times a year— fall, winter and spring.
- Includes alternate forms that enable you to track growth (AYP accountability) and make instructional decisions with confidence.
- Provides a snapshot of an entire school, grade, or classroom.
- Provides progress-monitoring assessments that effectively facilitate differentiated instruction.
- Delivers item-level data to pinpoint student strengths and weaknesses within a content area.
In Tier 2 of RTI, progress monitoring provides the evidence base required for you to make instructional decisions for more specific and intensive intervention to improve student achievement.
easyCBM provides real-time data to efficiently and effectively connect each student with valid interventions.
- Features progress-monitoring measures and item analysis reports ensuring you can pinpoint instructional areas of concern for each student or group.
- Eases the task of assigning small-group instruction and focuses instructional interventions with more accuracy.
- Provides instant access to results, eliminating the need for data entry.
- Includes rate-of-growth information needed to determine instructional progress.
In the most intensive level of the RTI framework, progress-monitoring evidence is even more essential. More frequent measures quantify the impact of a specifically designed intervention program for the struggling student by evaluating the rate of improvement over time.
easyCBM provides focused, reliable data at an item level to help customize interventions and enhance the rate of student learning.
- Allows you to strategize a program of frequent progress monitoring.
- Provides the detailed data required to target an individual student’s needs.
- Provides data that directs the process of intensive intervention needed for students at this
As students move through the RTI tiers, easyCBM delivers assessment and reporting features to drive data-based decision making. The benchmark measures provide valid and reliable universal screening of all students up to three times a year. Progress monitoring measures include alternate forms that give you the confidence to make informed instructional decisions.
Detailed, easy-to-read reports provide key levels of reporting for all educators, from the classroom teacher to the district administrator. All team members can view student or group data in real-time to foster development and implementation of intervention plans.
Video answer: easyCBM and interventions