Rigorous Curriculum Design presents a carefully sequenced, hands-on model that curriculum designers and educators in every school system can follow to create a progression of units of study that keep standards, instruction, and assessment tightly focused and connected.
The need for a cohesive and comprehensive curriculum that intentionally connects standards, instruction, and assessment has never been more needed than it is today. For educators to meet the challenging learning needs of students—comprehend all the standards, prepare for a variety of formative and summative assessments, and demonstrate proficiency on high-stakes state or provincial tests—they must have a clear road map to follow throughout the school year.
Applicable to every grade, course, and content area, you will learn:
- - What a rigorous curriculum is and how to create, sequence, and pace such a curriculum
- - Why seeing the 'big picture' connections first is essential to beginning curriculum design
- - How to lay the foundational steps for designing a rigorous pre-K–12 curriculum
- - How to design a grade- or course-specific curricular unit of study, from start to finish
- - How to use formative assessments and data analysis to guide instruction before, during, and after each unit
- - How leaders can organize, implement, and sustain this model throughout the school and/or school system