The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on The Pearl, you’ll meet a simple family brought to a tragic end. Their pearl is supposed to bring their child out of darkness; he will be able to learn to read and write, and he will then be able to help all of the natives. Instead, the pearl becomes the direct instrument of the child’s death.
This concise supplement to Steinbeck's The Pearl helps you appreciate the novel on an aesthetic, ecological, or sociological vein. Features that help you study include
- Chapter-by-chapter summaries and commentaries
- A list of characters and analyses of the major players
- Life and background of the author, John Steinbeck
- A Critical approach to the novel
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A selected bibliography
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.