The CliffsStudySolver workbooks combine 20 percent review material with 80 percent practice problems (and the answers!) to help make your lessons stick.
CliffsStudySolver Anatomy & Physiology is for students who want to reinforce their knowledge with a learn-by-doing approach. Inside, you’ll get the practice you need to bone up on body systems and more with problem-solving tools such as
- Straightforward, concise reviews of every topic
- Terms and principles for each subject
- Helpful charts and illustrations
- Practice problems in every chapter—with explanations and solutions
- A diagnostic pretest to assess your current skills
- A full-length exam that adapts to your skill level
Starting off with an introduction to anatomical terms and physiological concepts, this workbook ventures into cellular structure, cell reproduction, and chemistry, both organic and inorganic. You'll explore the muscular, central nervous, lymphatic, and endocrine systems, plus details about
- Skin, hair, nails, and glands
- Bones of the cranium, sternum, and vertebral column
- The five senses
- Blood composition and types
- Metabolism of fat, protein, and carbohydrates
- The male and female reproductive systems
Practice makes perfect—and whether you're taking lessons or teaching yourself, CliffsStudySolver guides can help you make the grade.
Author Steven Bassett started teaching anatomy and physiology at the high school level in 1978. He has been the lead instructor for anatomy and physiology at Southeast Community College in Lincoln, Nebraska since 1990. He is adjunct professor in the Physician's Assistance Program at Union College in Lincoln.