In the CliffsComplete guides, the novel's complete
text and a glossary appear side-by-side with coordinating numbered lines to help you understand unusual words and phrasing. You'll also find all the commentary and resources of a standard CliffsNotes for Literature.
CliffsComplete King Henry IV, Part 1 follows the play's alternating comic and serious scenes as a young prince rebels against his father, who happens to be king, until he must go to the king's aid to stamp out the rebellion of nobles.
Discover a story of self-sacrifice and meet one of the theatre's most enduring comic characters, Falstaff — and save valuable studying time — all at once. Enhance your reading of King Henry IV with these additional features:
- A summary and insightful commentary for each chapter
- Bibliography and historical background on the author, William Shakespeare
- A look at Early Modern England intellectual, religious, political, and social context
- Coverage of key themes and use of language within the work
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Review questions, a quiz, discussion guide, and activity ideas
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Web sites
Streamline your literature study with all-in-one help from CliffsComplete guides!