Your hors d'oeuvres are the stuff of cocktail party legend.
You're a superb chef and a whiz with people.
Do you have what it takes to run a profitable catering business?
If you're thinking about starting up your own home catering venture, this is the book for you-with everything you need to know about selling your services, hiring help, planning events, and delivering successful parties. Combining Christopher Egerton-Thomas's detailed, step-by-step advice with instructive anecdotes of both triumphs and failures, this practical guide supplies you with all of the key ingredients you need to transform your catering ambitions into reality.
Explains how to get business, plus how to identify and serve client needs effectively
* Covers caterers' qualifications and skills, staffing levels, hiring and management of employees
* Provides solid guidelines on equipment and supplies, food and beverage preparation, pricing, locations, room and bar setup, and more
* Prepares you to handle a wide range of events, from simple cocktail parties to large, complex affairs -- with a special section on weddings
* Includes vital information on food safety, hygiene, and health
* Contains troubleshooting checklists to help you ensure success -- and avoid party disasters