Get the most from great literature with CliffsNotes, the original study guides.
Written exclusively by experienced teachers and educators, CliffsNotes are the resource of choice for today’s students. These user-friendly guides make studying a snap – with visual icons flagging key themes, literary devices, and more.
Inside you’ll find valuable insights on Wharton’s The Age of Innocence, including:
- Brief overall synopsis
- Chapter-by-chapter summaries
- Clear explanations and analysis
- Character map–who’s who at a glance
- Character analysis (Newland Archer, May Welland Archer, Countess Ellen Olenska, Mrs. Manson Mingott)
- Concise discussion of major themes
- Special essay on the book’s themes, including personal freedom, values, and social codes
- Review Q&As and quote IDs
- Essay questions and practice projects
- Glossaries of key words and terms