The original CliffsNotes study guides offer expert commentary on major themes, plots, characters, literary devices, and historical background. The latest generation of titles in this series also feature glossaries and visual elements that complement the classic, familiar format.
In CliffsNotes on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, you explore Ken Kesey's best-known work, one that challenges the preconceived ideas of what constitutes sanity and insanity. A mistakenly undertaken power struggle in an insane asylum results in a suicide, a murder, and a liberation, and leaves the reader with a paradoxical feeling that both disturbs and pleases.
This study guide carefully walks you through the novel by providing summaries and critical analyses of each section. You'll also explore the life and background of the author, Ken Kesey, and gain insight into how he came to write One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays on topics like the role of women and the comparison between the film and novel
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
ISBN-13/ EAN: 9780764586620
Publication Date: 12/11/2000
Carton Quantity: 40