Score higher on any standardized test with the help of CliffsNotes!
For anyone taking any standardized test—such as the SAT, ACT, GMAT, Praxis I, GRE, or others—CliffsNotes Verbal Review for Standardized Tests is designed to review, refresh, and reintroduce essential grammar and verbal skills.
Written by test preparation experts, this clear, concise, and easy-to-use guide gives insight into the types of questions you'll face on the exam, and demonstrates how to avoid the common and costly errors that trap the unprepared.
- Grammar and usage review
- English usage and sentence correction
- Timed essay writing
- Verbal ability—antonyms, analogies, and sentence completion
- Reading comprehension
- Strategies for each question type
- Practice exercises with hundreds of questions and complete explanations
- Parts of speech, adjectives and adverbs, linking verbs, and comparatives and superlatives
- Punctuation—using commas, semi-colons, colons, apostrophes, and dashes
- Writing narrative, descriptive, analytical, and expository essays
With guidance from CliffsNotes, test takers will feel at home in any standardized-test environment!
ISBN-13/ EAN: 9781118334256
Publication Date: 10/19/2012
Carton Quantity: 20