The newest Transdisciplinary Play-Based System is now available. For fifteen years, this highly acclaimed system has been one of the most natural, easy-to-use assessment and intervention approaches for children birth to age six. Current TPBA/TBPI users will find the basics of the system unchanged, but the revised and updated Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment, Second Edition (TPBA-2) and Transdisciplinary Play-Based Intervention, Second Edition (TPBI-2) offer even more for early childhood professionals.
The new system gets accurate assessment results and improves child outcomes. It is:
- Play-based: Children are relaxed, engaged, and motivated enough to show the full range of their skills and abilities.
- Child-directed: Encourages spontaneity and creativity and is easy to use in home-based settings.
- Strengths-focused: Assessing what children can do instead of what they can't.
- Parent-friendly: Tapping into the invaluable expertise of those who know the child best.
- Alignment with DEC and NAEYC guidelines
- OSEP child outcomes crosswalk
- New, in-depth Administration Guide with some of the best professional guidance available on conducting play sessions, writing reports, and linking assessment to intervention activities
- New subcategories on critical topics such as literacy, vision, and hearing
- More explicit links between assessment and intervention, so it's simple to match each child's needs with activities that really help
- Updated assessment items based on the most current research in child development and special education
- CD-ROM of forms in fillable format
Start with TPBA-2, a comprehensive, easy-to-follow guide to assessment with in-depth child development information. While the child engages in natural play with a parent, professionals use the practical guidelines and useful developmental information to assess four domains:
- Emotional and social
- Communication and language
By measuring these domains, examiners can gather qualitative information about the child's abilities.
With TPBI-2, professionals partner with parents to choose customized play-based interventions that help children make progress across domains and generalize their new skills in different situations and settings.
All forms needed to execute the program are included in the manuals and can be photocopied. For ease of use, the forms are also sold separately. Paper forms come in a gummed tablet that includes one each of the seven essential forms needed for assessment and intervention (one tablet per child). New with the Second Edition, forms are also available on CD-ROM.
Electronic forms are available in a convenient fillable format, making form completion and information storage quick and easy. The CD-ROM includes all forms in the gummed tablet, PLUS twelve additional forms for complete planning, tracking, and reporting–including the NEW progress and eligibility reporting forms.