Authors: David A. Krug, Joel R. Arick, Patricia J. Almond, 2007
Ages: 2 to 13 years
Restriction Level: Medium
Testing Times: Varies
The Autism Screening Instrument for Educational Planning (ASIEP-3) is designed to identify individuals with autism, assist in planning appropriate educational programs for those individuals, and monitor performance and progress. It includes five components:
- The Autism Behavior Checklist is designed for use during the initial screening process and contains 47 behaviors typical of autistic individuals.
- The Sample of Vocal Behavior measures four of spontaneous speech including repetitiveness, non-communication, intelligibility, and babbling.
- The Interaction Assessment measures a child's spontaneous social responses and reactions to requests.
- The Educational Assessment measures a child's functioning levels in five areas: stay in seat, receptive language, expressive language, body concept, and speech imitation.
- The Prognosis of Learning Rate evaluates a child's learning acquisition rate.