Changing People's Lives by Fostering Passionate, Curious Learners
It's not just our mission; it's our passion. As one of the world’s longest-established publishing houses and largest providers of pre-K–12 education solutions, we specialize in dynamic learning content for students, teachers, kids and parents.
Available through multiple channels and platforms, our content meets the needs of lifelong learners, no matter where and how they learn. As a global leader in lifelong learning, we're delivering interactive, results-driven education solutions to more than 50 million students in more than 150 countries. We combine cutting-edge research, editorial excellence and technological innovation to make learning more dynamic, engaging and effective – for life.
We also publish renowned and awarded novels, nonfiction, children's books and reference works for readers throughout the world. Our distinguished author list, from Ralph Waldo Emerson to Jonathan Safran Foer, and brands from Curious George to The Lord of the Rings, includes eight Nobel Prize winners, 48 Pulitzer Prize winners, 13 National Book Award winners, and more than 100 Caldecott, Newbery, Printz and Sibert Medal and Honor recipients.
HMH is an organization rooted in purpose and strengthened by passion. Our values drive our decisions, shape our strategies and shine through in everything we do:
- Curiosity: We value enabling and promoting the curiosity of others, resulting in remarkable discoveries and new ideas.
- Commitment: We must always mean what we say and deliver on our commitments to each other and our customers.
- Effectiveness and Reliability: Our content and our solutions must be more than just innovative – they must be effective and reliable.
- Learning: We are passionate learners. We are driven by the promise of understanding new ideas. We are committed to improving teaching and learning around the world.
- Performance: We are driven to overcome obstacles and succeed. We recognize our role in ensuring the success of others, and we are committed to achieving our goals.
- Best in Class: We are committed to providing our partners, our customers and our communities with services and solutions representing the best our industry can offer.